Wines by Jennifer Review
By Mary Anne McNeish-Sharp of About.com
Your Guide to Kansas City, MO
Guide Rating - ***** (Five Stars)
The Bottom Line
Wines by Jennifer is a “Global Wine Boutique” located in lovely
and historic Parkville, Missouri. A 15 minute jaunt to the
Northland from downtown brings you to one of the most exceptional
wine tasting experiences you’ll ever have. Owner Jennifer Havens
hand selects quality wines from some of the finest boutique
wineries across the globe. Situated in a c.1910 restored house,
each room has been uniquely decorated to represent the major
wine regions from around the world.
* Knowledgeable and friendly staff knows everything about
* Great wine selection from around the world.
* Weekly wine tasting theme guarantees you'll never have same tasting twice.
* Offers cheese and other foods to complement your tasting.
* Small tasting room, but you can always taste on other floors.
* Location: 405 Main St., Parkville, MO 64152, 816.505.WINE
* Hours: Tues-Fri., 12pm-8pm and Sat., 12pm-9pm
* Tasting Prices: $8 for a 7 flight tasting, $10 includes a souvenir glass
Guide Review - Wines by Jennifer
Wines by Jennifer not only offers all-day wine tastings, but
sells wines both by the glass and by the bottle. Wines are
also available for consumption at the shop or to be purchased
and enjoyed in your own home. The boutique also features specialty
foods such as cheeses (tomato herb and cheese curds are a house
fave), local breads, olive oils, fresh fruit, and chocolates,
as well as a host of other food items that greatly complement
the wine and enhance your wine-tasting experience. The store
also has unique wine accessories (like wine racks and bottle
openers) and boasts an art gallery that features local artists
in the basement.
Wines by Jennifer is also a great place for special occasions
and private events. In the summer, Jennifer opens up her outdoor
decks and wine garden which are perfect for receptions, showers
or get special get togethers. The special monthly events like
the famed summer grape stomping and the wine and food pairing
classes are not to be missed.
Be sure to take a trip to Wines by Jennifer, every wine lover
from aficionado to appreciator will enjoy their time spent